Everest Base Camp Trek
Trekking in Everest region is unlike any where else in the world that leads you to the foothills of highest peak of the world ‘ Mt. Everest’ – “ top of the universe” the diverse landscapes, eyeful view of high mountain peaks, heady mixture of old Buddhist culture all give incentive to push little higher, to go little faster, to explore little wider. En routes are Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Kalapathar and numerous Sherpa villages that make one’s journey worthwhile.
The Khumbu region of Nepal is one of the best known treks in the world. This is the land of the Sherpa people and the world’s great 8000 meter peaks. Many trekkers walk in from the road head at Jiri, through the lovely rolling hills of the Solu region. Others fly in to the village of Lukla to star their trek. A few days above Lukla are the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park and the town of Namche Bazaar, where most trekkers take a day to acclimatize to the high altitude. From here one may branch towards the village of Thame or continue on to take one of the two main Khumbu routes, to Gokyo Lake or towards the Everest base camp. Beyond Namche Bazaar is the Sherpa village of Khumjung and further on the famous monastery of Thyangboche. Here the main Rimdu festival of dances is celebrated every year.
- Duration: 18 Days
- Rating:Very Popular
- Grading:Semi hard
- Region: Everest region
- Trip Type:Classic Trek
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu. Meet assist and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Preparation and briefing of the trekking.
- Day 03: Lukla (flight) – Phakding 2623 3 hrs
- Day 04: Phaking to Namche bazaar 3440 5 hrs
- Day 05: Namche bazaar to Tengboche 3867 5 hrs
- Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche 4350 5.30 hrs
- Day 07: Dngboche to Chukhung 4743 3.30 hrs
- Day 08: Chukung to Lobuche 4930 5 hrs
- Day 09: Lobuche to Gorakshep 5170 3 hrs
- Day 10: Gorakshep to Dzonglha (tsholo Og) 5 hrs
- Day 11: Dzongla to Dragnak (tea shop) (4750,) (Cho La Pass 5368)
- Day 12: Dragnak to Gokyo 4750 3 hrs
- Day 13: Gokyo to Dole 4200 5.30 hrs
- Day 14: Dole to Namche bazaar 3440 5 hrs
- Day 15: Namche to Lukla 2804 6 hrs
- Day 16: Lukla to KTM flight
- Day 17: Kathmandu rest day