IllAM DARJELLING TOUR
This is a unique tour program, an innovative tour perfected after serious research and field work. This tour provides the rare opportunity to experience a combination of life in the plain land (Terai) and hilly people with exquisite nature in its pristine form and the spectacular view of the Himalayas. During the main parts of the tour you will be totally mesmerized by the nature with spell bound experience each day of the entire tour. Walking amongst the lush green tea plants, breathing fresh Himalayan air and playing with the local flora and fauna will sure be a lifetime experience.
- Duration: 15 Days
- Rating:Very Popular
- Region: Eastern Nepal
- Activity:Drive and Tour
- Trip Type:Tour
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International Airport and transfer to the Hotel..
- Day 02: Preparation for tour by briefings about the whole trip. Free day in the afternoon.
- Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and drive to Illam (Pashupatinagar.) The drive passes through two and half hour Mountain black topped road. Glimpses of typical Nepali villages on the hills along with beautiful landscape will be enjoyed throughout the drive. Night stay either at Phikal, a small town on the mountain or at Pashupati Nagar which is six KM above Phikal. From both towns spectacular view of the snow Mountains on the north can be observed. A quick visit to the local cheese factory will also be an interesting tour.
- Day 04: Visiting Tea garden, Tea processing factories.
- Day 05: Visiting Tea garden, Tea processing factories at different places. Observe processes.
- Day 06: Drive from Pashupatinagar to Darjeeling. Crossing the Nepal India border to the Darjeeling will take three hours drive through black topped mountain road. Check in at hotel and stroll around the Darjeeling town.
- Day 07: Visit famous Tiger hill early morning to see spectacular sight of sun rise. Lunch. Experience small steam engine train ride for about 2 hrs. Visit legendary tea gardens of Darjeeling, existing since more than 100 years.
- Day 08: Drive from Darjeeling to Gangtok, Sikkim. A 5 hrs drive on black topped mountain road passing through picturesque view of Kanchanjungaga range and beautiful villages, terraces and landscapes.
- Day 09: Visit Deurali to see Institute of Tibetology, Chogyal kings cremation site. Visit Royal palace of former king and Royal chapel.
- Day 10: Early drive to Rabungla and Namchi. Visit Buddh Park and huge Padma Sambhava statue at Samdunche. Back to Gangtok.
- Day 11: Drive from Gangtok to Silgadi. Check in at hotel at Siliguri, a busy Indian town near the India Nepal border.
- Day 12: Early hour drive from Silgadi to Kakarbhitta. 2 hrs drive to Kakarbhitta crossing through India and Nepal immigration on border and drive another 20 minutes to Bhadrapur airport. Take 45 minutes flight to Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Free day at Kathmandu
- Day 15: Departure