LAKURI BHANJYANG TOUR
This tour gives opportunity to observe the natural terrain of the eastern part of Lalitpur, inhabited by mixed tribes such as Newar, Chhetris, Brahmins and Tamangs and the 180 degree view of the high Himalayas on the north of the Kathmandu valley. The tour is intended for those who are willing to spend few nights outside Kathmandu valley and enjoy small hikes. This is an easy trail for all age groups. The hike will take you through the country side and the small villages that are the remains of Kathmandu. You will be able to witness the life of people so close to civilization yet so far from enjoy it all. The hike will be filled with the views of country side farms with the view of mountains along with it. You will also be able to view some portions of Kathmandu valley as you continue your hike. You have the option of cutting down the tour as well in case you don’t have enough time to do it all. We can shorten it up to one night stay as well. So, make your choice and enjoy the tour.
- Duration: 8 Days
- Region: Around Kathmandu Valley
- Activity:Drive and Walk
- Trip Type:Tour and Trek
- Day 01: Arrival
- Day 02: Drive to Lubhu from your hotel after breakfast. Lubhu is one of the old village on eastern part of ancient Patan city. Dominated by Newar communities along with Brahmin and Chhetris. Walk around old town of Lubhu going around the old temples, rest houses and traditional Newari houses. After that walk about 2 hours up to Lakuri Bhanjyang. Enjoy the bird’s eye view of the Kathmandu valley and the Snow Mountains. Over night at the resort.
- Day 03: Walk from Lakuri to Panauti after the breakfast. The road goes downwards up to the base of the small hill of Lakure Bhanjyang passing through the unique Nepali country side view on both side of the road. Observing terrace fields, farm animals, country houses. Panauti is one of the ancient Newari towns having its unique Newari architect. Really interesting to see the renovated ancient temple complex at the bank of the river.
- Day 04: Walk from Panauti to Balthali Resort after breakfast. On the way you will pass through the nicely cultivated farm lands and busy farmers at their fields. Balthali, situated on a small hillock in the center of the small valley, is a wonderful place to stay and enjoy the peace and tranquility enjoying the natural settings of the village so near Kathmandu. Overnight at Balthali resort.
- Day 05: Walk from Balthali after breakfast towards Namo Buddha, passing through the orange orchards and scattered village houses, observing the terrace fields with various crops. Namo Buddha is a historic site with high cultural value. There is an interesting legend attached to the Supa at this historic site. A popular destination for Nepali as well as foreigners visiting Kathmandu. One could visit various sites in the small hill of Namo Buddha apart from the main Stupa. Such as caves where former Buddha offered his body to save dying tigress and her cubs, beautiful Monastery and the monks etc.
- Day 06: Walk from Namo Buddha to Nagarkot. Passing through typical Nepali hill life styles, panoramic view of Mountains on the north. After break at Dhulikhel, a old town settled by local Newar traders since ancient time, walk or drive to Nagarkot. Nagarkot is another popular hill station close from Kathmandu city. And a view point where you can enjoy the panoramic view of mountains and the valleys on the both side of the hill. Overnight at Nagarkot.
- Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 08: Departure