Round Annapurna Trek
Annapurna is considered to be the most famous and popular trekking destination in all of Nepal. The area is dominated by the presence of such peaks as the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, and Machhapucchre, These mountains loom in the distance throughout your trek giving you a true Himalayan experience. Trekking through the lowland villages and mountain communities will expose you to the variety of different cultures of the Gurung, Manange, and Thakali people. This is one of the classic and most rewarding treks in Nepal which circles the Annapurna massif, starting at either Bhote Order or Gorkha, west of Kathmandu and ending at Pokhara. For most of the trek we have close views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and the magnificent Machhapucchre. The high point of the trek entails crossing of the 5414m high Throng Pass, from the arid valley of the upper Manang, home of Tibetan- Buddhists, down to the Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath, and the Kali Gandaki valley, the world’s deepest river gorge, before heading down to Pokhara. Besides the mountain views, we encounter on this trek a variety of mountain communities of the Gurung, Manange and Thakali people.
- Duration: 17 Days
- Rating:Very Popular
- Grading:Semi hard
- Region: Annapurna region
- Trip Type:Classic trek
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu. Meet assist and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Preparation and briefing of the trekking.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (760 m)
- Day 04: Drive from Besisahar to Chyamche (1,430 m)
- Day 05: Trek Chyamche to Dharapani 5.30 hours (1,860 m)
- Day 06: Trek Dharapani to Chame 5 hours (2,670 m)
- Day 07: Trek Chame to Pisang 5 hours (3,250 m)
- Day 08: Trek Pisang to Ngawal 5 hours (3,660) via Ghyaru
- Day 09: Trek Ngawal to Manang 4 hrs (3,540 m)
- Day 10: Manang (altitude adjustment)
- Day 11: Trek Manang to Thorong Phedi 6 hrs 4450 [Thorong la pass: (5,416 m)
- Day 12: Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (high altitude affects) (3,760 m)
- Day 13: Muktinath to Jomsom via Luphra 5 hrs (2,720 m)
- Day 14: Jomsom to Pokhara (850 m) (Flight: 30 minutes) (Jeep 7 hrs)
- Day 15: Pokhara to KTM on flight or bus
- Day 16: Kathmandu rest day
- Day 17: Departure